An Intra-College sports fest was organized at IMSEC ground from 3rd April to 6th April, 2013.
IMSEC, Ghaziabad, won Inter-College football competition organized by Mangalaytan University, Aligarh.
IMSEC got Second position at Table Tennis competition held at Amity University, Noida, from 18th March -20th March, 2013.
IMSEC students secured Second Place at Inter-College Cricket Tournament organized by Jaypee University, Noida
IMSEC cricket team finished as runner-up in the Inter College Cricket Tournament at ITS, Mohan Nagar.
An all India Intercollege sports fest “CHAKRAVYUH” was organised at IMSEC campus from 9th October to 13th October, 2012.
Sixty five institutions from all over U.P, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Haryana participated in this mega event. Name of the few Universities that participated in this event are as follows:
1. Jaypee University, Noida.
2. Amity University, Noida.
3. Sharda University, Greater Noida.
4. Noida International University, Gautam Budh Nagar, U.P.
5. Y.M.C.A University, Faridabad, Haryana.
6. SRM University, Modinagar.
7. Manav Rachna University, Faridabad, Haryana.
8. Shiv Nadar University, Dadri.
In this five days event students showed their talent in the sports field. Mr. Prashant Kumar (IPS), SSP, Ghaziabad, was the Chief Guest in the closing ceremony. He congratulated IMSEC on bringing together students from different states and providing them a common platform to interact among themselves through sports. He also felicitated winners and runners up with gold and silver medals along with certificates and declared the sports event closed.
Ground Floor of Block B & C is being renovated and is being converted into Students Activity Center- ZYMKHANA-for students.
To curb the menace of ragging and to induce sport’s spirit among students-including newly admitted students, various sports activities like Cricket, Gully Cricket, Volley Ball, Football, Basket Ball, Table Tennis , Chess, Carom, Weight Lifting and tug of war were organised at IMSEC campus from 21st August2012 to 31st August.
This intra college Sports event was inaugurated by the Director of the college. A large no. of students participated enthusiastically in this event. During this event students of all years welcomed the new entrants and through sports, team spirit developed among students and provided students an opportunity for healthy and vibrant interaction.
An Intra-College Sports Meet was organised at IMSEC campus , in which a large number of students participated enthusiastically at various events like Gully Cricket, Chess, Volley Ball, Tug of War, etc. This type of time to time sports activities inculcates team spirit among students and teaches them valuable lessons of life.
Mr. Uday Singhta, Sports Officer – IMS & IMSEC was one of
those few sports personnels who were selected to contribute to the
Commonwealth Games 2010 held in Delhi from 3rd October to 14th October, 2010.
Mr. Singhta was deputed as the Competition Manager for Netball,
Boxing and Hockey. Besides, ha also hold the designation of Assiatant Project Officer-
Sports.Mr. Singhta has been coaching the IMSECians for more than 6 years.
IMSEC team won the final of a 3‐days volleyball match ‘Cluster’ played at
Sunderdeep Engineering College, Ghaziabad. IMSEC defeated Sunderdeep.
Total 32 colleges participated in the competition.
A 9‐day Volleyball match was also played among the IMSECians. 14 teams
participated out of which B. Tech.‐3rd year team emerged as the winner while
B. Tech. 1st year team was declared the Runner up.
A nine days’ day & night Cricket Championship Match was played among the
hostlers of IMSEC and IMS from 21st of October to 29th of October, 2010. Total
36 teams participated in the match of which the PGDM – 2nd year team
named as ‘Blasters’ emerged as the winner. B. Tech. team ‘Draggers’ could
successfully secure the runner‐up position. The final match was inaugurated
by the Vice‐chairman Mr. Rakesh Chharia.
Power Lifting Competition-2010 was organized on 15th
Place won April’10. Mr. Dhirendra Mishra, Mr. Gaurav Tomar, Mr. Arvind Chaurasia and Mr. Vipul Juneja conducted the competition.
IMSEC won the first prize in volleyball (girls & boys) in the Sports
Fest held on 20th & 21st March,2010 organized by IBA, Greater
A cricket tournament was organized on 26th, 27th & 28th, March.
25 teams participated from all branches of IMS group. B.Tech
students’ team named Red Hot won the first prize & B.Tech
students’ team named Hunter won the second prize.
A friendly match of Basketball & Volleyball was played between
IMSEC & Sunderdeep College played on 14th & 15th March 2010.
IMSEC won both the championships.
IMSEC, Ghaziabad won the first prize in Volley Ball(Girls &
Boys) Competition defeating SRM University, Modinagar and
ITS, Greater Noida, team in SPARDHA 2010,Sports Fest
organized by Indian Business Academy, Greater Noida from 20th
to 21th February, 2010.
IMSEC, Ghaziabad won the first prize in Volley Ball Competition
defeating IMT Ngpur, team in Chakraviuh 2010,Sports Fest
organized by IMT, Ghaziabad from 5th to 7th February, 2010.
A revitalizing sports event for the faculty & staff members was
organized on 16th December’09. It was planned and conducted by
the sports officer Mr. Uday Singhta. The meet was inaugurated by
Dr. Prabal Chakravorty, Director–IMSEC. Honourable Vice-
Chairman Mr. Rakesh Chharia graced the event with his presence.
Power Lifting Competition-2009 was organized on 10th November’09. Mr. Dhirendra Mishra, Mr. Gaurav Tomar, Mr. Yatin Pandey and Mr. Manohar managed the competition.
Volleyball, Basket Ball & Tug-of-War 2009 was organized on 23rd & 24th November’09. Twelve teams participated in the Volleyball Competition, fourteen teams participated in the Basket-ball Competition & ten teams participated in Tug-of-war. Team of B .Tech.-ME was the winner in Volleyball, IMS combined team was winner in Basket Ball & team of B.Tech(BT) students was winner of the Tug-of-war. In the Basketball common team, four teams participated in which the team comprising of B.Tech third year and fourth year students (two girls and three boys) was the winner.
- Athletics (100mts. Race, Short Put), Table-Tennis, Badminton & Chess 2009 were organized on 25th & 26th November’09. Thirty five students participated in athletics. Gaurav Tomar of B.Tech(BT) was winner in Shortput. Rishi of IT fourth year won the Badminton singles title. Rishi and Suman won the mixed double title in Badminton. Table tennis singles won by Shubham, Doubles event was won by Shobhit and Gaurav. Shandhya Yadav was winner of girls chess championship & Chandra Mohan was winner of boys chess championship.
The annual sports-cum-athletic meet was organized in April 2007 with enthusiastic participation from both girls and boys. This year, competitions were held in Cricket, Volleyball, Badminton & Table Tennis etc Mr. Nitin Malik of III year Biotechnology was the proud recipient of Best Sportsman Award while the honour of being adjudged Best Sportswoman went to Miss. Neha Singh, a student of I year, I.T
Students participated in "Panchee 2006" the sports and cultural event of Ideal Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad during 13 to 17 Oct'2006. They won prizes in Table Tennis, Volley Ball, and Badminton, and Sketching competition.
- Students of Mechanical Engineering Dept participated in various events at Mechnovation'06 - the University Level Technical Festival organized by RKG Institute Technology, Ghaziabad on Oct 14, 2006. The first prize in the Jung of Junks competition. The technical papers presented by students were appreciated.
- Students participated in "District level Table Tennis Competition" held in Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad and won II prize on Nov 18, 2006.
- Students participated in Antaragni'2006 at lIT Kanpur in the first week of Nov'2006. Our students secured their place in top ten candidates in many competitions.
- Students from CS / IT department participated in the "SRIJAN 2006" Technical events organized at ITS, Ghaziabad on 10.11.06.
- Students won many prizes at Tech and Cultural Fest "Konkurrenz'07" (19 and 20 Feb'07) organized by IEC College of Engineering, Greater Noida in singing, dancing, etc.
- Students participated at Moksha'07 (23 to 25 Feb'07) at NSIT, New Delhi and won many prizes.
- Students of IMSEC won many prizes at Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut during 13th to 15th March 2007 in Basketball, Volleyball, Athletics events.
- Students of IMSEC won many prizes at S.R.M.S. Bareilly during March 2007 in Basketball, Volleyball, Athletics events.
- Students won paper presentation, laughter challenge and Best College Trophy at competition organized by ICF AI, Ghaziabad on 18th March 2007.
- Students won many prizes at Tech and Cultural Fest "Jagriti'07" organized by RKG Institute of Technology during 17 and 18 March in singing, dancing, world parliament etc.
- Students won many prizes at Tech and Cultural Fest "Milange"07" organized by IMS on 29th March 2007 in singing, dancing, world parliament etc.