Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronics engineering was established in year 2004 with aim to prepare students for a successful professional career in respective field. Historically, the field of electrical & electronics engineering is one of the most versatile and has broad applications in multidisciplinary sectors. The department has focused towards integrating academics with cutting edge technologies in modern world.
Head & Faculty
1: Mr. Deepak Yadav secured AIR 189 in GATE 2019.
2: Mr. Saurabh kumar got GOLD MEDAL in 2018 for securing 1st position in AKTU merit list.
3: Mr. Shubham Yadav secured 5th position in 2016 in AKTU merit list.
4: Mr. Ashish Ranjan and Mr.Sanjeev Kumar Yadav secured 14th and 17th rank respectively in 2016 AKTU merit list.
STUDENTS VISIT TO FOREIGN UNIVERSITY
1. Boulby Mine of University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom: Five students of final year (2015-2019 batch), Mr Satyam Pratap Singh, Ms Haritma Chaturvedi, Ms Roli Singh, Mr Gaurav Singh and Mr Shubham Chaudhary visited Boulby Mine of University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom to participate in MINAR-7 between 10 to 17th February, 2019. The students were selected through the Edinburgh University-Kalam Centre (India) project called 'Mars Mission India'.
2. Conn Center for Renewable Energy & Research, University of Louisville, USA: Mr Praveen Dutt Pathak of 2014-18 Batch attended eight weeks Summer Research Internship at Conn Center for Renewable Energy & Research, University of Louisville, USA in 2017.
1. The Project “Solar Refrigerator”won Consolation prize in “ANVESHANA”, a Science and Engineering Competition organised by Agasthya Foundation, Bengaluru held at National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on 22-24 January 2019. The project was also awarded with cash prize of Rs. 5000/-.
2. Our Four projects won prizes in Technovation 2019- A Project competition organized by IMS Engineering college, Ghaziabad.
3. Mr. Satyam Pratap Singh & team presented project MARS ROVER on 15th October 2018 in Dr. Kalam Innovation Gallery at Dr. Kalam Digital Library Campus, AKTU Lucknow. This project has been selected for Mars Mission India (MMI), a joint initiative by UK Centre for Astrobiology (UKCA), University of Edinburgh and Kalam centre of AKTU, Lucknow
4. The Project “SPY SPIDER” awarded as Best Innovative Project along with cash prize of Rs 5000/- in SPEED 2018 (National Student Project Exhibition on Engineering Design) held at G. D. Goenka University, Gurugram on 24th October 2018.
5. Students’ project “ROBO-K9” participated in Zonal round of DRUSE-2018 (DRDO - Robotics & unmanned Systems Exposition) held on 1stApril 2018 at IIT, New Delhi. The project awarded with appreciation certificate and cash prize of Rs10000/-.
6. The project“Cabriolet Vechi-EEE” won consolation prize along with cash of Rs 20000/-for getting selected in top 8 projects in CSTUP-engineering students project grant scheme-2017-18.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE “ABB INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION CENTRE (PLC/SCADA)”
1. The Centre successfully organized four months advanced training course on Industrial Automation (PLC/SCADA) in session (2018-19).
2. Centre also provided 100% placement to the trainee students in various renowned automation industries.
STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS IN EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE COLLEGE
1. Mr. Aman Kumar Singh,a student of 3rd Year won 1st prize in Quiz competition of AKTU ZONAL LEVEL TECHNICAL, LITERARY & MANAGEMENT FESTIVAL: 2018-19 held on 30 - 31 January 2019.
2. Ms. Arti Singh, a student of 2nd Year won 1st prize (Gold Medal) in Zonal level chess competition of Dr Abdul Kalam Sports Fest 2018-19 held between 31st Oct-2nd Nov 2018.
3. Ms Ayushi Singh, a student of 3rd year won first prize in fashion show of Dr Abdul Kalam Art and Cultural Fest 2019.
4. Mr. Archil Singh, won 1st prize in Volley Ball in the event LAKSHYA-2018,organized by MBA Department, ABES Ghaziabad
5. Mr. Alok Bhaghel, won 1st prize in Badminton (Doubles) & 2nd prize in Badminton (Single) in the event LAKSHYA-2018, organized by MBA department, ABES Ghaziabad.
6. Students team won 2nd Prize in Volleyball in RANN'18 (A National Level Sports Fest) at KIET Ghaziabad.
Alumni Talk on 18/02/2019
The Department organized an alumni talk for 4th-year students by alumnus MrAnkur Lath presently working in NTT DATA as Software Engineer at Bangalore .
Workshop on 12/02/2019
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department organized one day Workshop on Machine Learning for 3rd year students in collaboration with APTRON Solutions, Noida .
Alumni Talk on 31/12/2018
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department organized an alumni talk by alumnus Er. Azaz Khan, Sub Divisional Officer (SDO), UPPCL on dated 31/12/2018. He qualified GATE 2016 with 199 All India Rank and placed in more than seven renowned PSUs like Neyveli Lignite Corporation, Power Grid etc. He delivered a Motivational Lecture On“How to face Challenges in Preparing Various Engineering Examinations”.
Industrial Visit on 17/11/2018
Third Year Students of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department visited Harduaganj Thermal Power station, Aligarh on 17th November 2018.
Industrial Visit on 11/10/2018
Final Year Students visited Narora Atomic Power Station (NAPS), a unit of NPCIL, Narora on 11th Oct 2018.
ENVinicle on 27/09/2018
The departmental student society ENvincible organizes a technical and cultural fest every year. In this academic session ENvincible 2018 was organized on 27th September 2018.
Industrial Visit on 10/02/2018
Second year students visited 400 KV Sub Station Muradnagar, Ghaziabad on 10th February 2018.
Workshop on 02/04/2017
Three days (February 2-4, 2017) Workshop has organized in collaboration with National Power Thermal Institute( NPTI-NR), New Delhi for EN and ME, students on “Elementary Concept of Power Generation from Coal”.
FDP on 27/01/ 2016
The department organized one day FDP on “Fundamentals of Impulse functions”and the lecture was delivered by Prof. (Dr.) S. C. Dutta Roy Former Professor, IIT Delhi.
FDP on 12/09/2015
The department organized one day FDP on “Industrial Automation- PLC/SCADA” in collaboration with Rhythm Automation Control Pvt. Ltd.-a channel partner of ABB, India.
Two Days FDP on 16/01/2015 and 17/01/2015
The department organized two days FDP on “Recent Trends in the Field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. The eminent speakers of the program were Prof. M. M. Tripathi, Prof. Sanjay Kumar Sony, Delhi Technological University (DTU),Delhi andProf. G L Pahuja, NIT Kurukshetra.
Guest Lecture on 14/02/2015
The department organized a guest lecture for students on “Recent Power Scenario in India” by Shri S K Pandey, Senior Engineer, Bhakra Beas Management Board Power House, (220KVA Sub Station), New Delhi.
Seminar on 1/11/2014
The department organized one day national seminar on “Nuclear Power – Clean & Safe”. In this programDr. P. C. Pant (Director, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy Sources, New Delhi), Shri A. R. Bansal (Scientific Officer–G, NPCIL “NAPS”) and Shri Deepak Kumar (Scientific Officer –D, NPCIL “NAPS”, Narora, Uttar Pradesh) delivered expert lectures.
Guest Lecture on 18/09/2014
Prof. S.N. Singh, Head of Department, Electrical Engineering, IIT, Kanpurinvited to deliver a guest lecture for studentson “Advances in Power System”.
Guest Lecture on 16/09/2014
The department organized a guest lectureon“Fundamentals of Instrumentation & Measurement” by Prof. V.K.Giri, Head, Electrical Engineering Department, MMM University of Technology, Gorakhpur.
Guest Lecture on 30/08/2014
Shri Pramod Kumar Mishra, DGM, BSES Delhi,invited to deliver a guest lecture for students on“Technical Advancements in Power Distribution Sector”.
Vision of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department is to produce a dynamic, creative, technically sound and globally competitive engineer that can face the challenges of modern industry and serve the society at a global level.
1. To provide the students globally accepted technical education in electrical and electronics engineering for making them technically skilled and motivated professionals in order to comply the needs of Society and modern Industries.
2. To provide research oriented atmosphere among the students so that they imply their thoughts and knowledge in implementing live industrial projects.
3. Emphasis on creation of excellence in applications through knowledge sharing, value addition programmes, beyond syllabus programmes, industry-academia interaction, interdisciplinary research and personality development programmes.
4. To encourage faculties and students for higher studies and research for knowledge enhancement and hence become successful professionals in the society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The major program education objectives of the B.Tech. programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering are:
a. To produce proficient electrical and electronics engineering graduates with a strong foundation in design analytics and problem solving skills for successful professional careers in industry, research and public service.
b. To prepare the students to excel for self and societal development through higher studies and research activites.
c. To inculcate in students excellent professionalism, ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
d. To provide students with an academic environment aware of excellence and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career as an engineer, scientist, technocrat, administrator and an entrepreneur.
e. To train students with advance technical skills so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create innovative products and solutions for the real life problems.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO 1:: Graduates shall have an ability to apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, applied science, engineering and management for the solution of electrical engineering problems.
PSO 2:: Graduates will be able to analyse and conduct investigations on complex engineering activities to arrive at valid conclusions.
PSO 3:: Graduates shall have an ability to apply learned principles to the design, analysis, development and implementation of advanced electrical systems.
Department Placements in 2018-19 (as on 20/05/2019)
|University Roll No|
Department Placements in 2017-18
|University Roll No|
Department Placements in 2016-17
|University Roll No|